You can make a difference in the life of people who are hungry. Coordinate a food and funds drive with your family, business, school, church, or community organization. The Foodbank can make a big impact against hunger with financial donations. The Foodbank encourages all organizations to collect funds as well as food. Every $1 donated can provide 4 meals for the hungry! Here are some tips to make your food and funds drive successful.
- Plan Ahead - put together a team to select dates, set a goal and handle details
- Have fun - choose a theme that represents your business or organization, holidays or season of the year
- Get the word out - create flyers or posters; promote in newsletters, e-blasts and on your website
- Be creative - decorate collection boxes, offer incentives or prizes for the class or department that collects the most food
- Start with a bang and end with a big finale - have kickoff and wrap up events
- The Super Six most needed items are boxed cereal, peanut butter, canned tuna, canned vegetables, canned beef stew and canned soup. See additional items that are needed.
- View Creative Food Drive Ideas
- More information about our Harvest for Hunger Campaign - Spring food drives in March & April
- More Information about our Holiday Campaign food & funds drives in November & December
We consider your transportation of collected food as part of your donation. Your delivery to our warehouse allows us to use our resources in a cost-effective manner. The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is located at 350 Opportunity Parkway, Akron, Ohio 44307-2234. Food drop-off entrance is located through the gate to the left of the main entrance.
If you are delivering your food to the Foodbank, please call 330.535.6900 to set a drop-off appointment. Foodbank staff must be available for drop-off. The best times to schedule your delivery are: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
All financial donations should be placed in one envelope and kept separately from any food donations. Please list the following information on the outside of the envelope for receipt purposes: Name of your organization, Contact person name, Address, Daytime phone number, and Total donation amount. Checks should be made payable to "Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank".
Your donations are protected against liability. View information on the Ohio Good Samaritan Law that protects food donors in Ohio.
Questions about hosting a food & funds drive? Please call Natalie Peacock at 330.436.3170.