CORE is a group for motivated, energetic, young professionals interested in growing their professional network while helping feed our neighbors struggling with hunger.
Become a Member
Applications are due February 1, 2024.
In their first year, CORE members will learn about the Foodbank and its impact on the community. They will participate in poverty simulations, take tours of the Foodbank’s two campuses, volunteer, and learn more about the Foodbank's network of hunger-relief partners and programs.
After an individual has completed their first year in the program, they can apply to be a legacy member. Legacy members work on capstone projects for the Foodbank using the skills and knowledge they learned throughout their first year.
- Network with other young professionals
- Network with professionals during events
- Gain more knowledge about the Foodbank and hunger within our community
- Give back to the community by volunteering at the Foodbank
- Name listed on the Foodbank’s website
- Receive Foodbank swag items
- $50 membership fee per calendar year. Payment plans are available. Please email Alex Branham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- One year commitment (January-December)
- Participate in at least seven member meetings throughout the year. Meetings will be held once per month.
- Participate in and promote Foodbank events
- Support the Foodbank online through social media
- Host a food and funds drive within your organization
- Must be at least 18 years old
2023 CORE Members
- Alex Branham, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Catherine Hommer
- Marisa Sorboro, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Shane Corbett, Maxim Healthcare
- Clayton Warren, U.S. Army
- David Freggiaro, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Matt Riehl, City of Stow
- John Marshall Grant Thorton, LLP
- Dilip Kotlapati, Deloitte Consulting
- Michelle DeShon, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Larissa Alvarez, Legacy Roofing
- Jacob Davis, Brennan Manna Diamond
- Katie Adams, Stark Educational Service Center
- Zane Henderson, Mako Medical
- Mario Fiocca
- Hadi Saputra
- Erica Dovin, Akron Children's Hospital
- Jessica Reed, APG Office Furnishings
- Heather Barhorst, The University of Akron
- Sarah Sturtevant, Huntington Bank
- Laura Christner, Huntington Bank
- Kalie Catterall, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Questions about CORE? Please contact Alex Branham at email@example.com.