The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is excited to expand into a second facility with the new Stark County Campus. Located at 1365 Cherry Ave. NE in Canton, the purpose-built facility will help the Foodbank change the history of hunger relief, helping to ensure regular access to healthy food while also connecting the community to local resources and one another. The Foodbank has been serving food programs in Stark County for many years, and now we’re honored to have the privilege to reside alongside our Canton friends.
Keith D. Monda Family Food Pantry now open
The Foodbank is proud to serve the community with a food pantry in the Stark County Campus. Community members in need will have regular access to fresh fruits and vegetables, shelf-stable pantry items, bread and dairy products.
- The pantry will be open every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am-3pm.
- Please bring a photo ID if you have one, and be ready to provide your name, current address and the number of people within your household.
- Volunteers will greet you at the door and register you using the information above. You will then choose your groceries online at a kiosk; volunteers will be available to assist you if needed. While your order is being packed, you may choose fresh fruit, vegetables and other perishable items to add to your order.
- To qualify for the pantry, monthly household income must be at or below: $2,146 for 1 person, $2,903 for 2 people, $3,659 for 3 people, or $4,416 for 4 people. Add $757 for each additional household member. No proof of income is necessary.
Community members are welcome to place an online order in advance and pick it up at the food pantry. Please visit OrderAhead.org to create a profile, select ‘Foodbank Stark Pantry’ as your pickup location, and choose the Tuesday or Wednesday that works best for you. You may then place your order and pick it up at the food pantry on the day you specified. Further directions can be found here.
Aultman Health Foundation Resource Room now open
We are excited to partner with local organizations that will offer onsite support services to the community. Community members are invited to connect with partners in the Aultman Health Foundation Resource Room and utilize their free services from 9am-3pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Aultman’s Working on Wellness (WOW) team, staffed by registered nurses, will provide health screenings and educations at no cost. Health information is available on a variety of medical topics and can be customized to fit an individual’s needs.
- First and third Tuesday of the month from 9am-12pm
- Second and fourth Tuesday of the month from 12:30pm-3pm
Community Legal Aid will provide free legal services to eligible individuals with civil matters, such as assistance for tenants facing eviction or addressing housing problems; home foreclosure; debt relief or bankruptcy; criminal record sealing/expungements; court fines/costs and license suspensions; obtaining civil protection orders; parenting time/visitation; and government benefits or sanctions.
- First and third Wednesday of the month from 12:30pm-3pm
Goodwill will assist individuals in navigating and connecting to community resources, provide financial education on topics related to personal finances, help individuals overcome barriers, and develop the skills necessary to obtain, maintain, and/or upskill to achieve personal career goals.
- First and third Wednesday of the month from 9am-12pm
- Second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 12:30pm-3pm
Stark County Job and Family Services/Human Services will provide job-related services, including subsidized childcare and medical assistance (Medicaid) to eligible individuals and families in Stark County. They will also help families apply for Ohio Works First cash assistance (TANF) and food assistance (SNAP).
- Second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 9am-12pm
Stark County THRIVE will be available to connect expecting parents and families to resources such as food, diapers and housing in order to support a healthy pregnancy and birth.
- Second and fourth Tuesday of the month from 9am-12pm
If you have thoughts or suggestions on future programming offerings, please email email@example.com or call 330.535.6900.
Volunteer with your Foodbank in Canton
The Stark County Campus now offers volunteer opportunities. Morning and afternoon shifts will be available each week in the AEP Foundation Volunteer Center for volunteers to sort, insect or pack donated food based on the needs of the day. Volunteers may also support administrative tasks or assist in the Werner Family Marketplace by distributing fresh produce to hunger-relief partners.
New volunteer positions will be available in the Keith D. Monda Family Food Pantry & Resource Center beginning August 3, 2021. Tech-savvy volunteers are requested to help community members place food orders at an online kiosk, while detail-oriented volunteers are needed to pack food orders and stock the pantry.