CORE is a group for motivated, energetic, young professionals interested in growing their professional network while helping feed our neighbors struggling with hunger. The YP organization experienced a refresh during COVID. Learn more about the group below.
In their first year, CORE members will learn about the Foodbank and its impact on the community. They will participate in poverty simulations, take tours of the Foodbank’s two campuses, volunteer, and learn more about the Foodbank's network of hunger-relief partners and programs.
After an individual has completed their first year in the program, they can apply to be a legacy member. Legacy members work on capstone projects for the Foodbank using the skills and knowledge they learned throughout their first year.
- $50 membership fee per calendar year. Payment plans are available. Please email Alex Branham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- One year commitment (January-December)
- Participate in at least seven member meetings throughout the year. Meetings will be held once per month.
- Participate in and promote Foodbank events
- Support the Foodbank online through social media
- Host a food & funds drive within your organization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Network with other young professionals
- Grow your professional development skills
- Network with professionals during events
- Gain more knowledge about the Foodbank and hunger within our community
- Give back to the community by volunteering at the Foodbank
- Name listed on the Foodbank’s website
- Receive Foodbank swag items
Applications are due February 1, 2023.
2023 CORE Members
Alex Branham, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Marisa Sorboro, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Shane Corbett, Maxim Healthcare
Clayton Warren, U.S. Army
David Freggiaro, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Matt Riehl, City of Stow
John Marshall Grant Thorton, LLP
Dilip Kotlapati, Deloitte Consulting
Michelle DeShon, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Larissa Alvarez, Legacy Roofing
Jacob Davis, Brennan Manna Diamond
Katie Adams, Stark Educational Service Center
Zane Henderson, Mako Medical
Erica Dovin, Akron Children's Hospital
Jessica Reed, APG Office Furnishings
Heather Barhorst, The University of Akron
Sarah Sturtevant, Huntington Bank
Laura Christner, Huntington Bank
Kalie Catterall, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
Questions about CORE? Please contact Alex Branham at email@example.com.