Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Drop off at the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank (350 Opportunity Pkwy, Akron)
8:00am to 4:00pm
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is prepared to assist Feeding America and the Food Banks in Texas in response to the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. As individuals and organizations across Northeast Ohio and the United States feel an urge to help, we’re organizing a food and supply drive to collect specific items that will be delivered to those who have been impacted.
Below are specific items that affected food banks have requested:
- Hand-held snack items such as granola bars
- Canned ready-to-eat items with pull-tops
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans (tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken)
- Peanut butter
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, non-bleach, paper towels, etc.)
- Personal hygiene items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.)
Please do not bring make-up clothes, and other non-essential items.
If you would like to make a monetary donation towards Hurricane Harvey disaster relief efforts, please visit FeedingAmerica.org.
For questions regarding this food drive, please contact Stephanie Knori at 330.777.1055.
For large donation amounts, please contact Chuck Allen at 330.618.0809.
If you are interested in volunteering for this food and supply drive, please contact Tasha Ledrich at 330.777.1065.