Facilities Maintenance Technician
Feb 04, 2021
We are seeking individuals that share and believe in our core values – compassion, collaboration, service, integrity, inclusion, and innovation. We work until it’s done; everyone puts their boots on the same way.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work with the Facilities Maintenance Team to ensure all buildings are always fully operational minimizing all down time. This position will work closely with the Facility Team to coordinate and execute work orders throughout the facilities. This position requires experience in diagnostics and troubleshooting a variety of problems related to construction/ facility maintenance disciplines (i.e., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, power door systems, etc.), powered equipment maintenance and repairs. This position requires the ability to self-perform repairs, when necessary, and outsource repairs to approved maintenance vendors with proper leadership approval.
This position requires a high degree of integrity, passion, and urgency in all related matters; accurately documents maintenance records; fully supports the departmental operations; ensures operational efficiency and productivity and maintains the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank standards.
Reporting and coordination requirements include interaction at all levels of Foodbank staff. Candidate must be able to present a positive and professional image in all situations.
1. Education: High School diploma and two years’ experience in maintenance preferred
2. Experience: Two years of facility maintenance experience required; powered equipment maintenance and repair, non-structural welding and basic electrical experience preferred.
3. Ability to effectively accomplish diverse skilled work in the repair and maintenance of Foodbank related facilities.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Authentic and passionate advocate for Feeding People and Fighting Hunger. Openness and willingness to become a “Foodbanker.”
6. Effectiveness in prioritizing and executing assigned duties.
7. Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills with the ability to define problems and move to resolution.
8. Ability to carry out operations safely and efficiently; utilize diverse assigned tools with the ability to work with a range of powered equipment to perform the essential job functions.
9. Ability to interpret work orders to leadership and staff.
10. Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative to accomplish goals.
11. Ability to work overtime, before or after scheduled shift, to accommodate all Foodbank maintenance work, as well as weekends, as warranted.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be a seventh time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top 99 places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits, and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one!
Please submit resumes to email@example.com and include the following information in your cover letter:
1. Summary of your background and relevant maintenance experience
2. Explanation of how you connect to our mission
3. Explanation of why you are the best fit for this position
4. Desired hourly rate
5. Contact information and best time to reach you