Corporate Relationship Manager
Dec 29, 2020
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is a high-profile community agency that feeds people and fights hunger. The Corporate Relationship Manager will work under the direction of the Director, Corporate Relations to plan, coordinate and implement all fundraising initiatives for current and prospective corporate partners in the Foodbank service area. This position will utilize a donor-centered approach to maintain a portfolio of 150 mid-level major corporate donors; establishing and building relationships through phone calls, personalized emails, presentations, event attendance, face-to-face visits and other communications to increase corporate resources.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to corporate and corporate foundation giving to bundle requests and identify engagement points for partners, maximizing opportunities in all eight counties.
2. Cultivate existing and secure new corporations/businesses to support all Foodbank fundraising initiatives.
3. Develop a comprehensive approach to a robust prospecting plan for corporations or businesses and work collaboratively with operations on interconnected prospecting opportunities with food donors.
4. Create a mid-level corporate donor plan to increase giving from current and new campaigns, transition corporate product donors to cash donors, and increase the opportunities for food and funds to generate more direct donation of funds.
5. Manage the relationships with corporate volunteers in collaboration with the volunteer team.
6. Work collaboratively with the events specialist and secure sponsorships for all Foodbank special events including but not limited to Taste of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Selfless Elf and the Harvest for Hunger Campaign breakfast. Serve as a liaison between the corporate partners and related committee.
7. Develop and maintain philanthropic relationships with regional and national corporations and corporate foundations for Foodbank priorities, including operating and programmatic support. Create compelling written proposal materials and presentations to prospects and donors and implement appropriate stewardship strategies. Answer incoming donor calls and donor related questions.
8. Develop the corporate and community engagement strategy for the Foodbank’s major campaigns including Harvest for Hunger and the Holiday Campaign. Serve as a liaison between the Foodbank and campaign volunteers and leadership.
9. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, manage proposal submissions and funding reporting deadlines.
10. Collaborate with donor services team to ensure that all donations are acknowledged appropriately and in a timely manner.
11. Accurately track all donor interactions using the Raiser’s Edge software system.
Preferred Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management, communications, marketing or non-profit management.
2. Five or more years of fundraising experience in mid to large nonprofit organizations.
3. Excellent presentation and communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to deliver compelling, coherent messages in one-to-one, small group and large group settings. A communication style that is open, cordial, empathetic, warm and persuasive. Should be a good listener and consensus-builder.
4. Ability to network effectively with individuals and businesses at all levels.
5. Natural collaborator with the ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds on projects to gather information relevant to the work.
6. Critical problem solver with the ability to concisely convey perspectives.
7. Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on a timely basis and to manage multiple priorities and balance competing priorities.
8. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with donor database management software such as Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect and/or Andar software extremely helpful.
9. Occasionally required to travel out of town on business and asked to work evenings and weekends as warranted.
10. Must be able to follow all American Institute of Baking, Feeding America, Food and Drug Administration, United States Department of Agriculture, Occupational Safety Hazard Administration, and Foodbank (standard operating procedures and employee handbook) safety regulations.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be a seventh time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top 99 places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits and compensation, 9 paid holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one!
Please submit resumes to email@example.com and include the following information in your cover letter:
1. Summary of your background and relevant marketing experience
2. Explanation of how you connect to our mission
3. Explanation of why you are the best fit for this position
4. Salary requirements
5. Contact information and best time to reach you