AmeriCorps VISTA – Marketing Coordinator
Sep 01, 2020
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is currently recruiting one AmeriCorps VISTA, Marketing Coordinator, to join in our fight to end hunger throughout our eight-county service territory. The AmeriCorps VISTA program is Volunteers in Service to America, which is a national service program where you commit to serve for a full year with our Foodbank. This marketing position would primarily assist with collecting impactful client, partner, volunteer and donor stories through photography, videography and written content, and would also support social media efforts. This role will work collaboratively with the Foodbank marketing department to develop content to support fundraising, marketing, campaign and event initiatives.
Marketing Coordinator job duties include:
- Assist in content creation, focusing on collecting compelling donor, client, volunteer and hunger-relief partner stories to be used in a variety of ways. Must be comfortable interviewing a variety of constituents.
- Capture, edit and catalog photos and videos.
- Write and edit content for various fundraising collateral and marketing materials, such as internal and external newsletters, impact reports, web stories and more.
- Help drive the strategic approach to social media communications by creating thoughtful, creative and timely content across multiple online channels.
- Assist in daily monitoring and monthly reporting for news media mentions.
- Support ongoing campaigns through planned social media efforts and logistical support.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Marketing Coordinator preferred qualifications:
- Experience in creating simple graphics and short videos for use online.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Photography experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- College graduate (preferred)
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school degree/GED
- Access to reliable transportation
- Comfortable with Office 365
- Passion for community service
- Able to track and analyze data and present the results
- Comfortable with written communications and public speaking
- Proficient in preparing and executing effective communication strategies, both verbal and written, to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to research, analyze and troubleshoot problems - able to apply learning appropriately
Program benefits include:
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Living allowance
- Childcare assistance, if eligible
- Relocation allowance, if eligible
Visit the AmeriCorps VISTA job posting here.