AmeriCorps VISTA – Donor Stewardship Coordinator
Sep 01, 2020
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is currently recruiting one AmeriCorps VISTA, Donor Stewardship Coordinator, to join in our fight to end hunger throughout our eight-county service territory. The AmeriCorps VISTA program is Volunteers in Service to America, which is a national service program where you commit to serve for a full year with our Foodbank. The Donor Stewardship Coordinator will work collaboratively to develop stewardship strategies and communications to maintain new donor relationships. The Coordinator will inform fundraising and development activities by utilizing donor software to conduct research and working interdepartmentally to collect and document county-specific information about the Foodbank’s hunger-relief efforts. This role will provide timely stewardship materials to engage, inform and recognize the contributions of Foodbank donors.
Donor Stewardship Coordinator job duties include:
- Assist with the implementation of the COVID donor retention project by helping to implement new policies and procedures related to the stewardship of new donors.
- Develop communications such as newsletters, briefings and stewardship reports to donors.
- Conduct donor research and share relevant information with fundraising team.
- Coordinate recognition opportunities for donors.
- Utilize donor software to pull reports, track progress, and identify stewardship opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of stewardship strategies such as hard hat tours and grand opening events for the Foodbank's capital campaign donors.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school degree/GED required; college graduate preferred
- Comfortable with Office 365
- Passion for community service
- Able to track and analyze data and present the results
- Comfortable with written communications and public speaking
- Access to reliable transportation
- Proficient in preparing and executing effective communication strategies, both verbal and written, to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to research, analyze and troubleshoot problems - able to apply learning appropriately
Program benefits include:
- Training in basic fundraising concepts and relevant software
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Living allowance
- Childcare assistance, if eligible
- Relocation allowance, if eligible
Visit the AmeriCorps VISTA job posting here.