Limited English Proficiency Update
Feb 03, 2020
To best serve Limited English Proficiency clients, the Foodbank provides the Affordable Language Services – a telephone translation service that is provided at no cost to the client or to your program. This service is provided in more than 200 languages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Click here to see the updated LEP guide for Network Partners with instructions on how to access this resource. The new phone number and access code for this service are effective Monday, February 3, 2020. Instructions on how to access this resource are also included below for your convenience.
To use Affordable Language Services:
- Call 614-591-3519 and enter the access code 4942, if needed.
- Follow the voice prompt to select the number of language listed in the table below--if the language is not listed, press 8.
- Provide the interpreter with your first name and last name.
- Provide the interpreter with your Foodbank location--the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
- When working with the interpreter:
- Speak to the client in the first person DIRECTLY.
- Give the interpreter specific questions to relay.
- There will always be pauses while the interpreter repeats each statement in the respective language.
If you have questions about serving individuals with Limited English Proficiency, or questions about accessing Affordable Language Services, please contact the Network Partners and Programs department at 330.535.6900.