Set a plate for Kate
Kate is one of 72,330 kids who struggle with hunger in our area. Set an extra plate at your table for Kate and leave it empty. Let the plate be a reminder that too many individuals in our community do not have enough to eat each day.
Please help us spread the word about those struggling with hunger in our area by sharing the Hungry Kate video with your friends and family.
Below are some links to materials and activities that you can use to educate your family or group about Kate and hunger in our area.
- Paper Kate (PDF)
- Set a Plate for Kate (PDF)
- Paper Plate (PDF)
- Kate Coloring Page (PDF)
- Conversation Starters (PDF)
- Kate Activities (PDF)
- Activity #1 - Meaning of Food
- Activity #2 - Building Miniature Houses
- Activity #3 - Defining Hunger, Poverty and Food Security
- Activity #4 - Who is Hungry?
- Activity #5 - What are Hunger’s Consequences?
- Activity #6 - Family Budgets
- Activity #7 - Responses to Hunger and Poverty in the U.S.
- Activity #8 - How Access Defines What We Eat
- Activity #9 - The Bag Game
- Activity #10 - Hunger Myth Masher Quiz
- Hunger 101 Additional Resources
Hunger 101 is the education project of the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Click here for additional information about Hunger 101.
Just one dollar can provide four meals for kids like Hungry Kate.