Do you have what it takes to be named the 2015 Harvest for Hunger Virtual Idol winner? Individuals and groups of all ages and quantities are invited to compete in our Harvest for Hunger Virtual Idol musical competition, that raises funds to feed the hungry in our community.
Register and submit your singing or instrumental video today to be entered in Virtual Idol. Rally your friends, family members and co-workers to visit virtualidol.org through April 30, 2015 to vote for your video.
$10 = 10 votes = 40 meals
When voting, every dollar that is donated will count as one vote for the video, and the video with the most votes when voting closes at midnight on April 30, 2015 will be named the 2015 Harvest for Hunger Virtual Idol winner!
Your $10 donation can provide 40 meals to hungry men, women and children in our community. You may also vote by calling the Foodbank at 330.535.6900, or vote by mailing your donation with the participations name listed to the Foodbank through April 30, 2015 at 350 Opportunity Pkwy. Akron, OH 44307. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
- Visit virtualidol.org and click FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN.
- You may be promoted to create a Crowdrise account if you don’t already have one.
- You will be prompted to Join the Team.
- Click on the Edit Fundraiser tab.
- Under the Upload Pics and Videos header, Click Here to add a compelling Video about your Fundraiser.
- Enter the web address of your YouTube or Vimeo video. If you need assistance uploading your video to YouTube, please contact us and we’d be happy to upload it for you or assist you.
- Check the box Show my video before my photos.
- Feel free to add any additional edits to this page, including a description, a goal, and your photo. Click Save when you’re done.
- Click on the Manage Campaign tab to start sharing your Virtual Idol entry.
The top three winners in this year's Harvest for Hunger Virtual Idol musical competition will receive the following prize packages courtesy of the Fairlawn and Hudson Schools of Music. Winners may take lessons at either the Fairlawn or Hudson School of Music.
One year of lessons in instrument of choice (including voice) OR 3 song demo recording
3 months of lessons in instrument of choice (including voice) OR 1 song demo recording
1 month of lessons in instrument of choice (including voice)
- All lyrics and video content must be family-friendly and suitable for all ages. No lip-syncing is allowed in videos. The Foodbank reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- All contestants must use their real name and agree to the terms of the Consent and Release Form posted in the online registration process. Any contestant under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian consent.
- Voting ends on Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be announced on Friday, May 1, 2015 at approximately 8:00 AM EST.