After much consideration, we have decided to shift the eighth annual Selfless Elf 5k to a virtual race. Due to social distancing guidelines, we invite you to run/walk the 3.1 miles from the location of your choosing, dressed in your favorite festive, holiday-themed costume. Your virtual race support will help your Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank to provide food for nourishing meals this holiday season for our neighbors in need.
- The race will have two separate categories to choose from while registering online:
- Run/Walk: If you plan to run/jog during ANY portion of the race, please register as a runner/walker.
- Competitive Walkers: If you plan to walk 100 percent of the course in its entirety (no running/jogging), please register as a competitive walker.
- If you need to update your registration or switch race categories, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfers are permitted until Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
- No refunds are available.
- Run or walk the race from the location of your choosing anytime between Saturday, December 19, 2020 and Saturday, December 26, 2020.
- Submit your finishing time, if you would like, by Saturday, December 26, 2020. Due to the nature of this year’s race, no physical awards will be given.
$25 Registration Fee for Race Participants Who Select No Race Packet
$35 Registration Fee for Race Participants Who Select In-Person Packet Pickup
$43 Registration Fee for Race Participants Who Select a Mailed Packet
All $35+ participants will receive a long-sleeve race t-shirt, and the first 500 registrants will receive the 2020 souvenir striped socks. All other race participants will receive a mystery pair of souvenir striped socks, while supplies lasts.
Located at the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
350 Opportunity Parkway, Akron, OH 44307
Please enter on Dart Avenue, which is one way northbound.
- Friday, December 18, 2020: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, December 19, 2020: 8:00am - 10:00am
Mailed race packets will be sent by December 21, 2020.
Due to the nature of our virtual 5k, race participants have the opportunity to submit their race times between Saturday, December 19, 2020 through Saturday, December 26, 2020. Race certificates can be printed. No physical awards will be given.
Most Dashing (Best dressed)
Top VIP ELF (Top fundraiser)
Snap a photo in your best holiday-themed, athletic apparel and post it to social media with #selflesself. Our Facebook community will have the opportunity to vote for the winner of the Most Dashing award. The winner will be selected on Saturday, December 26.
Log Your Results
- Visit OhioChallengeSeries.EnMotive.com and login to your EnMotive account with the email address associated with your registration.
- Click the ‘My Account’ tab in the upper right corner.
- Scroll to your race registration for the 2020 Virtual Selfless Elf 5K.
- Click the ‘Log Results’ link and enter your finishing time for the event.
- Once you have logged your results, you are finished!
Please submit your time by Saturday, December 26, 2020.
Become a VIP ELF
Become a VIP ELF by raising more than $250 in pledges and you will receive an exclusive athletic apparel item. To guarantee sizing, pledges must be confirmed by Friday, December 4, 2020.
Thank you Sponsors
Interested in being a Selfless Elf sponsor for our virtual 5k? Please contact Corporate Relationship Specialist, Sara Myers at email@example.com or 330.436.3175 to learn about our sponsorship levels and opportunities.
Wheeler Boltz Architects
2019 Race Results & Photos
Click on the link below to view official race results and photos.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.535.6900.