Your Foodbank is committed to the highest standards of food safety and personal safety for our staff, volunteers, hunger-relief partners and neighbors who receive food. We are working with Summit County Public Health, the Summit County Emergency Management Agency, Ohio Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster, the Ohio Association of Foodbanks and Feeding America to access and assess the most up-to-date information as it unfolds.
The Foodbank is maintaining its regular business hours of M-F 8-4 during the COVID-19 crisis. Please call 330.535.6900 if you have any questions.
April 22, 2020
April 20, 2020
March 31, 2020
March 23, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 13, 2020
March 9, 2020
How can you help?
Monetary donations will make the biggest impact. In an effort to meet the needs of our community, we are focusing on emergency distribution, including senior and family boxes of food. $1 can help provide 4 nourishing meals. To make a gift online, please visit akroncantonfoodbank.org/donate, or call 330.535.6900 to make a gift via phone.
You can make a difference by donating food. Our Super Six most needed food items include boxed cereal, peanut butter, canned tuna, canned vegetables, canned beef stew and canned soup. Learn more about food donations.
If you are a manufacturer, retailer, distributor, restaurant, farmer or other food industry business, consider donating your surplus product to the Foodbank. Learn more about food manufacturer and retail donations.
Volunteer Within our Network
While all volunteer activities at our Akron facility have been temporarily suspended, there are additional volunteer opportunities within our 8-county network. Please check out the list of sites that have requested additional volunteer assistance during these unprecedented times.
Time and time again, we have seen the strength of this community in the face of challenges. As we face the new challenge of the Coronavirus, we will continue to work together to ensure that food reaches people needing assistance.
The safety and well-being of our clients, hunger-relief partners, volunteers and staff is our top priority. Please do your part by following the recommendations of the CDC for preventing illness and by staying home if you are not feeling well or are showing any signs of illness.
Help Spread the Word
Please share this information with your family and on your social media channels.
In the News
- June 11, 2020 WEWS ABC 5 Cleveland: Double your impact — News 5 is matching donations to the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank on Thursday
- June 10, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Akron-Canton Foodbank kicks off matching gift challenge to meet increased needs
- May 20, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Anonymous donor gives thousands of Girl Scout cookies to Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- May 11, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Foodbank sees strain in supply system
- May 3, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Dashing to aid: Partnership uses DoorDash to bring food Akron-area residents in need
- April 24, 2020 Spectrum News 1: Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank Seeing 200 Percent Demand Increase
- April 24, 2020 The Daily Record: Calling in the National Guard to help at Millersburg food pantry
- April 23, 2020 WJW Fox 8 Cleveland: Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank distribution
- April 20, 2020 WEWS ABC 5 Cleveland: The need for food continues to grow, Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank is hoping the donations keep coming
- April 20, 2020 WEWS ABC 5 Cleveland: Surplus milk from Ohio dairy farmers to be turned into cottage cheese, donated to area food banks
- April 20, 2020 Spectrum News 1: Food pantries struggling to meet high demand
- April 19, 2020 WOIO CBS 19 Cleveland: Akron-Canton Foodbank turning surplus of milk into cottage cheese; will donate over 100,000 pounds
- April 15, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Volunteers feed the needy and volunteers who aid the needy
- April 14, 2020 The Alliance Review: National Guard delivers food to Alliance Community Pantry
- April 9, 2020 WKYC NBC 3 Cleveland: Akron-Canton Foodbank stretched to its limits during COVID-19 crisis
- April 7, 2020 Canton Repository: Coronavirus forcing more first timers to use food programs in Stark County
- April 2, 2020 Times Reporter: National Guard lends a hand at Dover-New Philadelphia food pantry
- April 2, 2020 Times Reporter: CJ McCollum makes COVID-19 relief donation to Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank
- April 2, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Food bank sets record for March, expects continued demand amid pandemic
- March 31, 2020 Record-Courier: Ohio Army National Guard assists with food distribution; foodbank seeks support
- March 30, 2020 Canton Repository: National Guard shows up to help Stark County food pantry
- March 27, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: ‘Every day a record day’ at Akron area foodbank during coronavirus crisis
- March 27, 2020 WEWS ABC 5 Cleveland: Northeast Ohioans turn to food banks for help during pandemic
- March 25, 2020 The Daily Record: J.M. Smucker outlines measures to help employees, community during coronavirus pandemic
- March 24, 2020 Canton Repository: North Canton food pantry uses drive-thru distribution
- March 23, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank gets help from National Guard, asks state to waive paperwork
- March 23, 2020 WKYC NBC 3 Cleveland: North Canton Cares Pantry distribution
- March 20, 2020 WEWS ABC 5 Cleveland: 30 soldiers from Ohio National Guard to help Akron Canton Regional Foodbank
- March 20, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Coronavirus: How to help in Summit County
- March 19, 2020 Cleveland.com: Larry Nance Jr. donates $50,000 each to Greater Cleveland Food Bank and Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank
- March 19, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: National Guard to help at Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- March 19, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Cavaliers’ Larry Nance Jr. donates $50,000 each to Akron-Canton and Cleveland foodbanks
- March 17, 2020 Cleveland.com: Summit County approves $200,000 for Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank emergency distribution
- March 17, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Summit County approves $200K for food bank
- March 15, 2020 Akron Beacon Journal: Akron-Canton food bank facing critical need when it’s normally raising funds