TODAY is national call-in day to help hungry families!
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 11:35:55 AM
Over the next few days, Congress will decide the fate of hunger-relief programs like The Emergency Feeding Assistance Program (TEFAP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in the Farm Bill, and we need YOUR help TODAY!
We are joining anti-hunger organizations across the country for a national-call in day, hoping to mobilize thousands of phone calls to our nation’s leaders. We hope you can take just a few short minutes today to make a phone call to your Members of Congress and ask them to protect hungry families by investing in TEFAP and protecting SNAP.
Please make your voice heard by taking action today:
- Call Feeding America’s advocacy hotline at (888) 398-8702.
- Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted. Once you are connected to your Representative, state that you are a constituent and give your name and your hometown. Tell them you are a supporter of the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
- Let them know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:
I am calling you today to ask you to oppose cutting SNAP and ensure that $300 million is invested in the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) for food banks in the final Farm Bill. I understand the need to reduce the deficit, but increasing hunger is not the way to do it.
- Dial back in to make sure you talk to both of your Senators and your Representative.
- Recruit others by spreading the word through your social media channels.
Thank you for your advocacy efforts!