Is your agency prepared to handle a food recall? Would your volunteers know what to do? Are you doing everything you can to minimize health risks to your community members receiving food assistance?
All Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank network agencies should be prepared to handle a food recall or food safety issue. Please make sure that everyone at your agency knows the following steps to take:
1. Regularly review this website and both www.usda.gov and www.fda.gov to watch for recall notices.
2. Review your inventory for recalled products.
3. Suspend all distribution of any and all products in question.
4. Hold or dispose of any recalled products.
5. Promptly and efficiently provide food recall or advisory information to any of your clients who may have received some of the recalled products.
By taking an active role in food safety and knowing what to do when a food recall is issued, we can help guarantee the safety of the men, women and children who are in need and look to us for assistance. To print a hard copy of the recall procedures, click HERE.
Click HERE to go to the most recent recalls.
ACRF Food Safety and Recall Procedures