Call to Support More Food for Hungry Ohioans
Mar 18, 2015
Today, testimony will be provided in Columbus on behalf of Ohio’s food banks to increase the amount of healthy food available to our network of food pantries and hot meal sites. Click here to read our testimony.
We are trying to make 200 phone calls to each member of Ohio’s House Finance, Health and Human Services Subcommittee members today, and we need your help! Please take 10 minutes to pick up the phone and call the following members right now:
- Representative Robert Sprague (614) 466-3819
- Representative Mark Romanchuk (614) 466-5802
- Representative Barbara Sears (614) 466-1731
- Representative Emilia Sykes (614) 466-3100
- Representative Nickie Antonio (614) 466-5921
- Representative Ryan Smith (614) 466-1366
Here’s what you can say:
- Introduce yourself. Tell the county you live in and let them know you support the work of the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
- Thank the Representative for their continued support for the Ohio Food Program and Agricultural Clearance Program. Ask that he/she please support an amendment for a full $5.5 million per year to increase funding for this program.
- Tell them hunger in Ohio is unacceptable, and these programs provides the healthy produce and proteins that food insecure people need on their plates.
- Ask if the representative will support the amendment and thank them.
Please let us know who you called by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide any feedback they give. Thank you for your advocacy efforts!