AmeriCorps VISTA Voices Capacity Coordinator
Feb 23, 2018
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is currently recruiting one AmeriCorps VISTA, Voices Capacity Coordinator to join in our fight to end hunger throughout our eight-county service territory. The AmeriCorps VISTA program is Volunteers in Service to America, which is a national service program where you commit to serve for a full year with our Foodbank. The Voices Capacity Coordinator will support the Voices initiative, which uses the principles of community-based participatory research to identify methods and measures to facilitate meaningful feedback loops among clients, network partners and local Foodbanks.
Voices Capacity Coordinator job duties include:
- Create partner mentorship and training programs to assist newly identified partners in the process of understanding and implementing changes based on client feedback.
- Prepare and manage Network Advisor communications and meetings.
- Promote and monitor the use of feedback tools created by the Foodbank to allow for off-site participation in the process by clients (mail-in cards, web submissions, etc.).
- Engage individuals at food pantry programs to inform possible program and process improvements.
- Assist network partners in making meaningful changes to program operations based on feedback.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Program benefits include:
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Living allowance
- Childcare assistance, if eligible
- Relocation allowance
- Minimum 18 years old
- College graduate (preferred)
- Comfortable with Office 365
- Passion for community service
- Able to track and analyze data and present the results
- Comfortable with written communications and public speaking
- Access to reliable transportation
- Proficient in preparing and executing effective communication strategies, both verbal and written, to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to research, analyze and troubleshoot problems - able to apply learning appropriately