You can make a difference in the life of people who are hungry. Coordinate a food and funds drive with your family business, school, church, or community organization. The Foodbank can make a big impact against hunger with financial donations. The Foodbank encourages all organizations to collect funds as well as food. Every $1 donated can provide 4 meals for the hungry! Here are some tips to make your Food and Funds Drive successful.
- Plan Ahead - put together a team to select dates, set a goal and handle details
- Have fun - choose a theme that represents your business or organization, holidays or season of the year
- Get the word out - create flyers or posters; promote in newsletters, e-blasts and on your website
- Be creative - decorate collection boxes, offer incentives or prizes for the class or department that collects the most food
- Start with a bang and end with a big finale - have kickoff and wrap up events
- Contact Leslie Letner, Manager of Special Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.777.7572
When Your Food Drive is Completed
We consider your transportation of collected food as part of your donation. Your delivery to our warehouse allows us to use our resources in a cost-effective manner. The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is located at 350 Opportunity Parkway, Akron, Ohio 44307-2234. Food drop-off entrance is located through the gate to the left of the main entrance.
If you are delivering your food to the Foodbank, please call 330.535.6900 to set a drop-off appointment. Foodbank staff must be available for drop-off. The best times to schedule your delivery are: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
All financial donations should be placed in one envelope and kept separately from any food donations. Please list the following information on the outside of the envelope for receipt purposes: Name of your organization, Contact person name, Address, Daytime phone number, and Total donation amount. Checks should be made payable to "Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank".
Ohio Laws Protecting Food Donors
Your donations are protected against liability.
View information on the Ohio Good Samaritan Law that protects food donors in Ohio.