The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank seeks a detail oriented, driven, and passionate Grants Coordinator to join our Fund Development team. The Grants Coordinator will work in a fast-paced, dynamic department, supporting efforts and implementation of operational grant initiatives. Primary responsibilities will include writing and submitting operational grants; researching potential foundation and grant opportunities; maintaining constituent data; and preparing operational grant reports, as well as potential support with programmatic or equipment grant reports. A high degree of time management, organization, and project management skills are essential for success in this position. You will uphold our mission: Feed People. Fight Hunger.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, English or Business.
- One to two years of writing, marketing, and/or communications experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to discern financial documents and concisely communicate results.
- Must be able to work independently and anticipate reporting and communication needs of supervisor.
- Detail oriented, customer service focused, highly organized and results driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires strong project management and time management skills.
- Available during off-hours for communications of all kinds.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Donor Database Management software a plus.
Join Feeding America's 2012 Foodbank of the Year in our fight against hunger! Excellent culture, pay & benefits. Background check & drug screen required. No calls or walk-ins. EOE/M/F/D/V
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your cover letter:
- Summary of your background and relevant experience
- Explanation of how you connect to our mission
- Explanation of why you are qualified for the position or the best fit
- Salary requirements
- Contact information and best time to reach you